The Model 32-106 Event Detector
High Versatility, Medium Speed Event Detector
The 105/106 Series Event Detectors are the most versatile Event Detectors in the product line. The 32-106 Event Detector monitors the electrical resistance of 32 simple continuity loops, each comprised of single or multiple specimens under test. Each test specimen is continuously monitored while a selectable DC sense current is passed through each channel test-loop; resistance changes exceeding the selected threshold are recorded as an event. Front panel knobs provide selections for Minimum Event Duration, Channel Current, and Threshold Voltage setting. The 105 and 106 series Event Detectors differ only in the number of 32-channel board slots offered: the 32-106 has one slot and the 105 has four slots. Thus the 128-105 Event Detector is equivalent to four 32-106 Event Detectors.
Features of the 105/106 Event Detectors
- Programmable resistance threshold: 0.1 to 2000 ohms
- Compatible with HLV Amplifiers for milliohm range sensing and other test specification ranges
- Selectable Minimum Event Duration settings: 0.1, 0.5, 1.0 microseconds; other ranges available, field-interchangeable
- Selection of channel test currents: 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100mA
- Other ranges available to meet custom test specifications
Features Included with All Event Detectors
- WinDatalog data collection/analysis software
- RS232C serial port data transmission to PC computer
- Linkable with other Event Detectors
- Test input cables (10 foot length)
- Limited warranty, 1 year parts and labor
The 32-106 Event Detector accommodates a wide range of test specifications. The Minimum Event Duration is adjusted on the front panel, with standard settings of 0.1, 0.5, and 1.0 microseconds. Other settings are available by simply changing a socketed clock module (ordered separately).
Another feature of the 105 series Event Detectors is compatibility with the HLV Amplifier. These units are plugged between the test specimens and the Event Detector and provide low level specifications for threshold resistance, sense current, and open-circuit voltage. Other types of preamplifiers are also available other types of test needs. Some test examples include: normally-open samples, fiber-optic samples and connectors, very high resistance samples, and combination normally-open/normally closed samples.
Analysis Tech specializes in personalized service and welcomes inquiries and requests for custom applications. Call today to discuss your test requirements!
- Temperature Actuator Module .... for temperature cycling, drop testing, and acc. equip. control
- High Temperature Test Input Cables .... for testing above 105C
- 105/106 Wiring Harness .... for easy setup connections
- HLV Amplifier .... for low-level detection capabilities
- 4-Way Linking Cable .... for linking multiple Event Detectors
|Threshold Resistance Range||0.1 to 2000 ohms|
|Channel Current-Source Max Compliance||2.5 volts|
|Maximum Channel Sense Current||100 mA|
|Threshold Resistance Tolerance||+/- 5%|
|Minimum Event Duration Selection||100 nS|
|Max Operating Environment Temp||35°C|
|Supply Voltage||120VAC, 60Hz, 3 amps (unless otherwise specified)|
|Input Cables|| Standard: PVC shielded ribbon cable, 105 °C max
Optional: Hi-temperature shielded cable, 180°C max
|Dimensions||7.5" H x 18" W x 16.5" D|
Systems include: WinDatalog Software Package, 105/106 Series test input cables (shielded ribbon cables, 10 ft.), serial cable for PC (10 ft.), calibration report, complete instruction manuals, 1 year warranty.
System options: HLV Amplifiers, Temperature Actuator Module, high temperature test cables, extended service/calibration contract, custom clock modules for alternate Minimum Event Duration settings.
Order number 32-106, where the standard Minimum Event Durations settings are 0.1, 0.5, and 1.0 microseconds. Order custom clock modules for other Event Duration settings. Also specify AC supply voltage if other than 120VAC 60Hz. Allow 4 weeks for standard delivery. FOB Wakefield. Custom orders welcome.