Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) Tester Features
The Analysis Tech CTE-360 measures materials' coefficient of thermal expansion over a temperature range of -20C to +100C, ideally suited for materials used in electronic packaging. These testers conform to test method ASTM D-696 and can be used in for sheet materials (in-plane expansion) as well as liquids and gels.
All test parameters and measurement procedures are software-controlled using the WinCTE graphical-user-interface software. During testing, sample temperature and all other relevant parameters are automatically controlled to achieve the operator's desired test conditions with an optimal trade-off between test-duration and data-accuracy. Test specimen length is electronically measured during testing, commonly referred to as “in situ" length measurement. Data is presented simply and clearly in text files, Excel data files, and graphically with plots of temperature data versus expansion. (see Case Studies)
The WinCTE software package provides complete help files and on-screen instructions to allow new-users to quickly become experienced-users without special training. WinCTE software continuously monitors all aspects of tester operation and provides detailed tips and guidance where appropriate.
The optional Calibration Equipment and Reference Sample Package facilitates periodic on-site instrument calibration of the CTE Tester using features of WinCTE Software. The Reference Sample Set includes documented test-samples for convenient accuracy-verification and long-term consistency data on the CTE Tester operation. (Note: reference samples are not needed for testing since the ASTM 696 method is an absolute measurement and not relative to any known reference samples.)
The CTE Tester requires a PC computer running the Windows 7 or Windows 10 32 bit Professional. Test control and data collection are performed by WinCTE software using a USB port connection to the CTE Tester. AC power is normally 120VAC, 60 Hz unless otherwise specified.
CTE Tester Features
- Fully automatic operation under WinCTE Software, included
- Accuracy estimates included for all thermal data
- Automatic sample-temperature control and temperature batch tests specified by operator's selections
- User selectable test units:
- English: watt, inch
- Metric: watt, cm
- Continuous Fail-safe Error Detection:
- Displacement sensor out-of-range
- Convenient USB interface to PC computer
- Sturdy, heavy-duty construction
- In-house calibration procedures
CTE Tester Accessories and Options:
- CTE Turnkey Accessory Package:
- Calibration equipment and reference test-sample package
- Optional Analysis Tech PC Computer