Event Detector Data Collection and Analysis Software for Windows 7, 10
The WinDatalog software package runs under the Windows XP, Windows 7 and 10, 32 bit operating systems and offers powerful data acquisition and statistical analysis programs designed to be used in conjunction with Analysis Tech Event Detectors. This software package provides a complete range of options for convenient data collection, storage and analysis during cyclic reliability and life testings.
With WinDatalog running on a PC, test data is collected at user-specified intervals via an RS-232C serial connection between the computer and the Event Detector(s). The test record logs the channel number, time, date, cycle number, and event multiplicity, while providing tabular and graphical summary displays of the ongoing test status. When using the accessory Temperature Module or Temperature/Actuator Module, data collection is synchronized with cyclic operation of ovens/chambers for complete control of extended-period, unattended testing. CLICK HERE for the latest WinDatalog software updates.
- Easy to use Graphical User Interface.
- Documentation for all Event Detectors available online.
- Each test's data and setup file are stored in a separate directory.
- Any test may be resumed at any time.
- Easy to use utility for deleting undesired data.
- Com1 - Com16 may be used for RS-232C serial communications.
- WeiGraph (statistical analysis program) may be used while a test is in progress to analyze the data collected to date.
- Test data files and log files may be viewed easily while a test is in progress.
- Continuous full-screen display of event data and test status.
- Convenient test stop/restart capability utilizing existing data record to "relearn" failed channels.
- IPC785 Event criteria logging (WinDatalog), and screening (WeiGraph).
- Simplified tracking of failure history and "at-a-glance" summary plots.
- Comparative Weibull statistics directly from multiple event data records.
- Automatic masking of data from channels after selected number of events have been recorded.
- Automatic restarting of tests after general power failures or outages; ideal for extended periods of unattended testing.
- Supports linking of Event Detectors for up to 1024 channels.
- Optional data collection during connector mating/unmating cycles.
- Data file editing utility for altering units under test in mixed collections of test specimens.
- Digital Noise Filtering algorithm added to help in elimination of false events due to environmental noise.
- When using the Temperature Module, temperature data is now automatically stored to a file, and may be plotted on-screen at any time.
- WeiGraph offers the option to ignore first-cycle (data or temperature) events during analysis.
- WeiGraph offers a user-selectable Weibull parameter of N50 or N63.
- A utility for creating Channel Selection Files is now included in WeiGraph.
- First Event Occurrences Vs. Temperature Histograms can be generated.
- A cumulative "Schmoo File" is generated at the end of each cycle showing all failures to date.
- An IPC log file is generated at the end of each cycle, and can be viewed at any time.
- Convenient data directory backup utility is provided.
- All graphics plots can be saved as a Windows bitmap (.bmp) or compressed JPEG (.jpg).
- All graphics plots can be saved with "White Backgrounds" to save printer ink when printing.
Features with accessory Temperature Module
- Automatic counting of thermal cycles
- Automatic error checking of temperature cycles produced by chamber
- Disk report of temperature for each event occurrence
- Disk report of temperature change direction (+ or -) for each event
- Counting of auxiliary switch closures during testing
Features with accessory Actuator Module
- Synchronous control of connector mating/unmating cycles
- Control of other laboratory test equipment in synchronization with data collection
- Mechanical Cycle Counting
WinDatalog provides the capability to test continuously for long or short periods without operator assistance. While testing proceeds, full data records are maintained with printouts available when desired. Stopping and restarting tests is simple with full control of the data files for contiguous records. With WinDatalog, tests can run 24 hours/day with complete confidence in the reliability of the data collection algorithms.
For thermal-cycling tests, WinDatalog software monitors thermocouple temperatures when used in conjunction with the Temperature Module accessory. This temperature data is stored with the event data and provides valuable insight into the phase of the temperature cycle that is most likely to generate events. WinDatalog also uses the Temperature Module to count thermal cycles and monitor the consistency of the thermal cycles to detect thermal chamber malfunction. WinDatalog performs other test monitoring functions when a Temperature Module is present.
With the WinDatalog software operating in conjunction with an Anatech Event Detector with Actuator Module, control of environmental ovens, chambers, or board flexers is automatic and synchronized. All aspects of cycle timing, actuation, data collection, and data recording are handled and synchronized by the PC computer master clock when running WinDatalog.
During testing, a Weibull Statistical analysis can be easily generated. This graphical summary offers an instantaneous summary of the events detected since the test began. Here, the percent of channels with detected events is plotted versus data cycles or temperature cycles. The best fit Weibull characteristics, slope and cycles @ N50 (or N63), are determined and displayed. These can be performed on all channels under test or only for lists of selected channels. These channel lists are prepared by the user when testing is initiated. This feature provides a convenient means to compare different types of specimens undergoing testing simultaneously. For example, if two different types of solder joints are being tested simultaneously, a graphical comparison of the two failure distributions can be made at any time while the test is in progress by utilizing this feature.
We welcome comments, suggestions, and requests for special software features. Many of the features of WinDatalog have evolved from feedback from our users.
- Maximum poll rate: 1 poll per 2 sec
- Minimum data cycle time: 2 seconds
- Statistical method: Weibull
- Maximum number of channels: 1024
- Pentium CPU
- 1 Gigabytes RAM, minimum
- Windows XP or Windows 7
- Two serial ports
- Analysis Tech supplied serial cable